These are the main points of the statement given on Sunday by the head of division at the Directorate of Epidemiology at the Ministry of Health, Abdelkrim Meziane Belfkih, in which he gave an update on the epidemiological situation of the Coronavirus in Morocco.
– One hundred and four (104) new cases of infection with the new Coronavirus (Covid-19) have been confirmed in Morocco, bringing the total number of cases of contamination in the last 24 hours to 463.
– The number of deaths stands at 26 cases, while the number of people cured is 13.
– The total number of cases excluded after negative results of laboratory analyses is 1756.
– Local contaminations represent 59%, against 41% of imported cases,
– Concerning the clinical state at hospitalization, 14% of confirmed cases show no symptoms, 71% of cases are minor, 9% are acute cases and 6% are critical cases.
– Distribution of confirmed cases by region: Casablanca-Settat (133 cases), Fez-Meknes (87 cases), Rabat-Salé-Kénitra (83), Marrakech-Safi (81), Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima (32), Oriental (16), Souss-Massa (14), Béni Mellal-Khénifra (10), Draa-Tafilalet (6) and Guelmim-Oued Noun (1).
– The regions of Laayoun-Sakia Hamra and Dakhla-Oued Eddahab remain unharmed.
– 38 provinces and prefectures recorded at least one case, including Casablanca (130 cases), Marrakesh (76 cases), Meknes (49), Rabat (40), Fez (28), Salé (14), Tangier-Assilah and Tetouan (13 each) and Kenitra and Shirat-Témara (12 each).
– Agadir-Ida Outanane and Oujda-Angad (9 each), Khouribga (7), Taza (6), Berkane, Errachidia and Khémisset (4 each), Chichaoua, Fqih Bensalah, Ifrane and Larache (3 each), Essaouira, Inzegane-Ait Melloul, Medieq-Fnideq and Settat (2 each) and Al-Hoceima, Chtouka-Ait Baha, El Jadida, Fahs-Anjra, Figuig, Guelmim, Nador, Sefrou, Sidi Slimane, Taourirt, Taroudant, Tinghir and Zagora (1 each).