With all the compromising things you have on your smartphone, it’s normal that you don’t want anyone to have easy access to certain conversations! But did you know that there is a way to archive these discussions and access them whenever you want?
WhatsApp is currently the most widely used smartphone messaging application with over one billion active users. Users may want to hide a particular chat or conversation and not delete it. WhatsApp now has a setting that allows you to hide conversations within the application.
This article will share information on how to hide a conversation in WhatsApp for Android, iOS and Windows. Once the chat is hidden, the user can also display hidden chats when desired.
How to archive a discussion?
Follow the procedure below to hide WhatsApp conversations depending on your smartphone’s operating system. Let’s start with Android :
1. Open WhatsApp and go to the chat area where the chat you want to hide is located.
2. Once you find the WhatsApp conversation you want to hide, without opening the chat, press and hold the conversation with your finger. Next, you will see symbols related to the chat appear at the top of the screen and one of them is to archive the chat: this is the option you will need to choose so that your conversation is kept temporarily and disappears from the top of your screen.
3. But how do you retrieve it, reread it and answer it when you are alone? To do this, scroll down to the very bottom of the discussion and you will find an option called “Archived Discussions”. When you press this option, all the conversations you have recorded will appear.
Press it again without opening the conversation you want to retrieve and then press the same symbol you used to archive the conversation.
If you have an iOS system, the process is just as simple:
1. Open your WhatsApp application and go to the area where you have your discussions. Select the conversation you wish to record, and without opening it, slide your finger to the left. As you do so, you will see the Archive option appear, and if you tap the conversation, it will be saved automatically.
2. To find the conversation you recorded, go to the top of your discussions and slide your finger down. Then you will see the Archived Chats option appear. Press, and you will find your recorded conversation.
3. If you want to add the chat to the main chat area without opening the chat, drag to the left, as you did in the previous step, and press Retrieve.
Now that you know how to hide WhatsApp conversations, you’ll be protected from prying eyes. However, you should be aware that this option does not work for groups and that the discussion may reappear in your main conversations if your contact writes to you again. For this reason, it is best to delete the chat if it contains very sensitive information.