The Moroccan National Tourist Office (ONMT) affirmed, on Thursday, its mobilization with “an extreme reactivity” in order to be able to represent Morocco at best at the World Travel Market (WTM).
“The Moroccan National Tourist Office (MNTO) would like to reassure the tourism professionals and its partners that given the recent decisions on the suspension of direct flights with the United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands, the work of prospecting and promotion on the main markets will continue in particular in the United Kingdom, which is to host from 1 to 3 November in London, one of the most important tourism fairs in the tourism sector: the WTM”, says a press release of the Office.
Three strong measures were thus activated. Firstly, all the ONMT delegates based in Europe were mobilised to go to the London show and meet British professionals in order to build up a commercial, communication and promotional force on the spot.
The Office also provides assistance to professionals registered at the exhibition who cannot make the trip to help them switch to the use of the virtual platform made available by the organizers of the event.
In addition, “the ONMT innovates by launching the urgent recruitment of a local sales force that can represent Moroccan professionals during the meetings initially planned,” said the statement, adding that this team will receive ad-hoc training and will operate in close relationship with Moroccan exhibitors.
“Through these measures, the ONMT maintains its commercial strike force in this particular period and works to develop the image and market share of Morocco’s destination in the British market,” the statement said.
Originally, the WTM was to host about twenty national professionals as exhibitors and several regional tourism boards. A stand of 200 m2 had been programmed for this purpose by the Office, recalls the same source.