Nine new confirmed cases of infection with the new coronavirus (Covid-19) have been recorded in Morocco bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the Kingdom to 17, the Ministry of Health announced Saturday. These are eight Moroccan immigrants settled in Spain (4 cases), Italy (3 cases) and France (1 case), who entered Morocco between February 24 and March 12, 2020 in the following cities: Tetouan, Rabat, Casablanca, Fez and Khouribga, the ministry said in a statement.
Only one case has been recorded in Morocco as a result of contact with another infected person from abroad, whose infection was previously confirmed and who is still under treatment, the same source added. The nine cases were diagnosed by specialized medical teams following the procedures in force for carrying out analyses at the National Center for Influenza and Respiratory Infections at the National Institute of Hygiene in Rabat and at the Pasteur-Morocco Institute in Casablanca, the Ministry said, noting that they were treated in accordance with the health measures in force.
The Ministry states that the state of health of all confirmed cases is stable and does not raise any concerns.