These are the main points of the statement given on Friday by the director of epidemiology and disease control at the Ministry of Health, Mohamed El Youbi, in which he gives an update on the epidemiological situation of Coronavirus in Morocco.
– Seventy-four (74) cases of Coronavirus infection (Covid-19) have been confirmed in Morocco in the last 24 hours, bringing to 1,448 the total number of cases of contamination.
– The number of people declared cured reached 122 cases (13 additional remissions) until Friday at 18H00, while the number of deaths reached 107, after the registration of 10 new deaths in the last 24 hours.
– From a geographical point of view, Casablanca-Settat is the region with the highest number of confirmed cases with a rate of 30%, followed by Marrakech-Safi (19%), Rabat-Salé-Kénitra (15%) and Fez-Meknes (12%).
– The changes observed from one day to the next in the figures relating to the geographical distribution of new cases of Coronavirus infection are the result of the data verification process during the epidemiological investigation of these cases after their first report.
– During this verification process, certain preliminary information is corrected, in particular with regard to the city of residence and not the city of admission of the case, the origin of the infection and the conditions of exposure to it.