The implementation of the new control system for industrial products on import will be postponed for two months, due to the state of health emergency, the Ministry of Industry and Trade said in a statement.
Thus, from 20 June 2020, economic operators will have to assess the suitability of industrial products subject to normative control on import according to the following scheme:
Checks will be carried out at border posts for the following products:
– The following automotive spare parts: tires, batteries, brake linings, glazing, filter elements, mechanical control cable
– The following building products: ceramic tiles, cement, sealing foils, plumbing products, fittings, plastic pipes
– Wooden panels
– Gas furnaces and gas water heaters
– Wire rod and reinforcing bar
– Clothing items other than work clothing
– Mobile phone chargers and circuit breakers
– Blankets, rugs, carpets and furnishing fabrics
– Diapers for babies
The control will be carried out in the countries of dispatch for the rest of the industrial products concerned.
Control operations will continue to be carried out by the three approved inspection agencies: Applus Fomento, Bureau Veritas and TUV Rheiland.