These are the main points of Monday’s statement by the Director of Epidemiology and Disease Control at the Ministry of Health, Mohamed El Youbi, in which he reported on the epidemiological situation of Coronavirus in Morocco :
– Fifty-five (55) new cases of coronavirus infection (Covid-19), have been reported in the last 24 hours, 4120 in total;
– 695 cases have been cured after 102 new cures have been achieved;
– a new death was added to the death toll, 162 in total;
– 7,679 contact cases are still under daily health care surveillance;
– The death rate for people infected with the virus continues its downward trend to 3.9%.
– The Casablanca-Settat region continues to have the highest number of confirmed cases, followed by Marrakech-Safi. Next come Fez-Meknes and Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima, followed by the region of Drâa-Tafilalet;
– A noticeable decrease in the number of cases registered at the level of epidemic outbreaks during the last 24 hours.