91 cases of Coronavirus infection (Covid-19) have been confirmed in Morocco in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases of contamination to 1,275, the Ministry of Health announced Tuesday.
The number of people declared cured rose, until Tuesday at 18H00 to 97 cases including the four new cases, said the director of epidemiology and disease control at the ministry, Mohamed El Youbi, in a statement to the press.
According to the official, three people have died from the disease in the last 24 hours, a total of 93 cases of death so far.
By region, Casablanca-Settat still has the highest number of cases with nearly a third of the infections in the Kingdom, he said, noting that the regions of Marrakech-Safi and Rabat-Salé-Kénitra account for the other third of the cases of infection. The rest of the cases were recorded in other regions, including Fez-Meknes and Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima.
The official further noted that first two cases have been recorded in Dakhla-Oued Eddahab region, noting also that the average age of confirmed cases has increased to 47.5 years.
On the health status of the confirmed cases, El Youbi reported that more than 16% were symptom-free, 71% were light or minor cases and 13% were advanced or severe.
Most of the cases recorded in recent days were detected through the medical follow-up of contacts as confirmed by laboratory tests, the director said, adding that out of a total of 8,600 contacts, 445 infections with the virus have been confirmed.
Faced with this observation, he called again for strict compliance with hygiene rules, with frequent hand cleaning as well as barrier measures, particularly the wearing of protective masks to limit the spread of Covid-19.